The Voluntary Network was established by members of the community who identified the need for Community Transport in order to enable those who are most vulnerable to maintain their independence.
We are a registered charity providing a range of affordable and accessible transport services across the following areas
- Forest Heath
- St Edmundsbury
- Neighbouring East Cambs, South Cambs, Essex and Norfolk
The Befriending Service was later launched providing further support for those who find themselves particularly isolated.
The Voluntary Network is supported by a team of over 200 volunteers. We are extremely grateful for the time that they kindly offer us and those they support.
Our main aims and objectives are as below:
- to provide and maintain Community Transport services
- to provide and maintain a Befriending Service
- to support the development and establishment of any further projects for which need is identified
- Chairperson Fran Saltmarsh
- Trustee Graham Miller
- Trustee Tom Kerby
- Trustee Robin Laird
- Manager Caroline Robinson
Charity No. 1082478 Company No. 3954998